The Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day operations for all CJP education programs – both in-school and out-of-school. The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Manager while maintaining open communication and providing necessary information to the Executive and Artistic Directors and General Manager.
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager and other CJP staff to strive for excellence in Program Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, and Marketing, in accordance with CJP mission, stated outcomes, and organization brand.
- Provide excellent customer service to Program constituents – including but not limited to: Teaching Artists and Faculty, Students and their Families, School Partners and their Personnel, Community Partners and their Personnel, other Contracted Artists and Musicians, Program Vendors, and Program Funders.
- Assist with planning and implementation of Jazz Academy programs (Summer and Saturdays), including: student registration, payments and scholarship fulfillment, preparation of materials, on-site production and facilities set-up and tear down, attendance policy enforcement, survey distribution and collection, and other tasks as needed.
- Organize and maintain student roster and registration database within Salesforce system to ensure current and complete records – including correct Parent contact information, program participation, scholarship requests and distribution, and payment information.
- Work with Program Manager to implement recruitment and marketing efforts
- Accompany Program Manager in attending meetings with school and community partners to determine annual program designs, space and equipment needs, and budget requirements.
- Coordinate teaching artist, educational performances, and private lesson schedules
- Order and manage inventory of program supplies and assist with distribution to schools, service providers, and community program locations
- Organize and maintain teaching artist database within Sharepoint portal; duties may include service provider support and follow-up, organization of submitted paperwork, lesson plan review, invoice preparation, and other tasks as needed
- Organize and maintain database of school and community partners, band directors, artist liaisons, vendors, and other contacts towards recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Attend related performance and outreach events to collect program content (such as photos, videos, and anecdotes)
- Draft communications and coordinate distribution of marketing materials via email, social media, website, and physical materials
- Ensure appropriate CJP presence and recognition at school and partnership events
- Assist with coordination of staff, professional, and parent involvement training sessions
- Accompany Program Manager on evaluation observations and contribute to feedback on teaching artists and overall program delivery.
- Assist with implementation of program assessment and program feedback surveys
- Input and maintain all evaluation and survey records, with opportunities to evaluate data
- Assist with other CJP outreach programming, such as concerts, the annual Gala, and other community events
- Conduct research on topics such as curriculum development, assessment, marketing, grant opportunities, and other relevant topics as assigned by Program Manager
- Connect and network with community and peer organizations - off-site learning opportunities available
- Other duties, as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years work experience in an arts-, education-, and/or business-related field
- Daily access to a reliable car
- Excellent organization, inter-personal, and customer-service skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Computer applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint), social media (Facebook, Instagram), database management, experience with Salesforce a plus but not required.
Weekly schedule is TBD, but will include Saturdays (12:00pm – 4:00pm) from September through May, and occasional evenings as required. Approximate start date: May 30th, 2018 or sooner.
Hourly pay at $18 per hour with a weekly commitment of 20 - 25 hours. Mileage reimbursement is available. This position is part-time to start, with potential for full time after six month review.
No phone calls or faxes, please.
Chicago Jazz Philharmonic does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other protected status in admission or access to, or employment in its programs and activities.